This is a guide that helps with creating an automation with the "Add Query" action. Please note that all of the below examples use the example forms Castor can provide you for a newly created study.
Event: Field Value Updated.
Action: Add Open Query to "weight" asking "Are you sure?"
Example Condition: Study Field Value "weight" is greater than 120 kg.
- Turn Monitoring on within your Study under Study Settings (if this is not down, you will get a warning later on in the Automation Engine).
- Go to the Automation Engine
- Name your Automation (for example: Add query when patient weight is greater than 120 kg)
- Select Event: Field Value Updated
- Select Condition
- Condition Type: Study Field Value
- Condition Field: Weight
- Condition Field Requirement: Greater than 120 kg
- Select Action
- Action Type: Add Query
- Action Field: Weight
- Status of Query: Open
- Comment of Query: Are you sure?
- Save your Automation
- Test your Automation
- Navigate to the Records tab.
- Either create a new test record via the "Create a new record" button or access a test record.
- In data-entry, find the field "weight". Specify the answer to be greater than 120 kg (eg. 130 kg).
- Now, either wait a few seconds, or refresh the step containing the target field by navigating away from it, then returning
- An open query appears on the "Weight" field. Clicking on it, you can see the message "Are you sure?" appearing. This can also be viewed in the Monitoring tab.